Forum Iaido Index du Forum
FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésConnexion   S’enregistrer

Auteur Message
Women's Christian McCaffrey Jersey
xiaoying
MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Juin - 11:43 (2018)  Women's Christian McCaffrey Jersey --> Répondre en citant

Membre initié

Masculin

- What Is an Athlete? :

Mr. Stewart gave this speech at the 2013 Middle School Athletics Banquet. Mr. Stewart retired after the 2012-13 academic year Luke Kuechly Limited Jersey , having served the Academy community for 44 years.

Forty-five years of teaching, 30 of them coaching Academy teams, has given me time to reflect on the impact that participation in athletics can have on one's life. Looking back over the years, I have found the advantages of playing sports and taking in life's experiences to be immeasurable.

But first let me pose to you the question Cam Newton Limited Jersey , just what is an athlete? To answer my own question I have recorded a few thoughts about what it was like for me growing up in the burbs of Philadelphia.

See if any of the following statements relate to you:

First, our parents recognized the traits when we were very young. We were the youngsters who could not sit still. If there was a ball near by it was soon in our hands. At home, our indoor games ruined furniture, marked up walls Christian Limited McCaffrey Jersey , and broke family heirlooms.

Growing up, we organized neighborhood pick-up games, made up our own rules of play, and worked to get everyone involved.

As kids we collected sports cards Women's Luke Kuechly Jersey , autographs, and pictures of our favorite players. Our rooms did not deny our passion for sports. Our equipment was everywhere.

We thrived on competition and could not wait to get started. Going to sleep before a big game was difficult.

Our uniform was our most prized piece of clothing and our first varsity letter became our most valued possession.

We catalogued our personal and team records, and still keep news clippings where we can readily review them today.

We turned to the sports page of the paper first and discussed its news before tackling any other topic.

In Middle School we lived for Friday games and bus trips to play new schools.

In college we loved playing Saturday afternoon games before a home crowd.

To us every game and every opponent was a new adventure. The tougher the opponent, the harder we played. And never tell us we are the underdogs.

We were natural leaders - always willing to teach the game to others.

Our messages and methods of instruction were passed down to us by our parents. We can still hear in our heads their ancient words of advice. These same catch phrases we pass along today to others.

We have played in 90 degree heat and humidity Women's Cam Newton Jersey , as well as sub-freezing temperatures, and have been soaked to the bone by both rain and sweat.

As athletes, we know all about X-Rays and MRI's. Our injuries have cost us game time and have ended our seasons. We have learned the techniques and jargon of the healing process so well that we feel empowered to offer medical advice to others. And we can tape ankles with the best of athletic trainers.

We make friends for life and we remember each other's game day highlights. We can't pass a local field without shaking loose a memory of what we did there.

We are athletes and we will be athletes all our lives.

The point of all of this is to show that all of our experiences teach us important life lessons and they never leave us. Little did I know my life's work as an athletic director was being forged on the vacant lots and ball fields of my home town.

I was the 10-year-old kid who called all of the neighborhood boys up on Friday night and told them to be at the lot by 8 a.m. on Saturday morning to play football. Then went to my room where I laid out all of my football gear carefully on a dresser. I was up at 7 and at the field by 8 a.m. I remember that after counting heads at the field, two of the boys were missing - the Farrell twins at the end of the block. I went to their house Women's Christian McCaffrey Jersey , knocked on their front door until someone answered. I found one of the twins in his pajamas and I told him he had promised to be at the field by 8 a.m. - a binding contract to my way of thinking. Thirteen years later I found myself organizing teams, scheduling games, and looking out for uniforms as the Academy's athletic director.

I found out that all of these experiences, plus many another Luke Kuechly Jersey , helped shape me for my career. My suggestion to you is this, experience life. Take something away from your travel and camp experiences. Learn something meaningful from every book you read. Don't throw these treasures away. Return to them often to keep those memories alive. And as you get older and begin to reflect on them, you will realize just how important they were to you. Remember, with every experience you become a resource for someone who may never have the chance to do what you did.

As the flamboyant English writer & poet Oscar Wilde quipped Cam Newton Jersey , "Nothing is waste that makes a memory."

For more information, please visit our <"http:harrisburgacademywhat-is-an-athlete">website. Have you ever noticed your child sleeping immediately after going to bed? This clearly reflects the perfect tranquility on the innocent face of the child. But, many adults are not able to get this type of sleep and experts state different reasons for the same. The results show that sleeplessness is something that takes a huge toll on the quality of life and also the health of the people.

Treatment for sleep disorder: The most unfortunate thing people do is to visit a local medical shop for purchase of some OTC medicines that are chemical based to bring about some changes in the chemicals in their brain to induce sleep. These chemical-based products are actually anti-histamines, which mean that they knock out the individuals consuming them Christian McCaffrey Jersey , but they do not create a good quality of sleep. They neither solve the underlying issue behind sleeplessness. Furthermore, th. Wholesale Jerseys From China   Wholesale Hats   Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping   Cheap Hoodie   Wholesale Authentic Soccer Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys   Wholesale Football Jerseys Online   Wholesale NCAA Jerseys China   Cheap NBA Basketball Jerseys   Cheap MLB Baseball Jerseys 
Publicité
MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Juin - 11:43 (2018)  Publicité -->

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures

Sujet suivant
Sujet précédent
Page 1 sur 1
Forum Iaido Index du Forum -> Disciplines -> Espace débutant

Sauter vers:  

Xooit.com :: Top Forums

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
NoseBleed v1.00 ~ mikelothar.com